8.21.2012

Pinterest Post #1

When we moved back to California, I wanted to decorate our new apartment but we didn't have a lot of money, moving is expensive! So, I turned to Pinterest. I know I'm a little late to the game when it comes to Pinterest, but I have to say that I rather like it. It's like a visual bookmarks list where I can go and see pictures of the projects I've saved in my crafts folder of my favorites list. And, I can see projects other people have done and get inspiration from them. 

So far, one of my favorite projects I've completed was pretty simple, just inserting different fabrics into embrodery hoops and hanging them on the wall. So graphic, yet so simple! Plus the fabric hoops were only $5 at a thrift store and the fabric I already had, so great wall art for only $5! (Sorry for the not so good picture. I couldn't get a good one without blurring the picture. The light in the living room is not really good.)




They take up a lot of the wall without making it too crowded or too busy. Also, to hang them, you just need a small hole in the wall so the damage to the wall is minimal. This makes this treatment perfect for renters. I got the idea from this post which shows gluing the fabric to the embroidery hoop. I wanted to be able to change out the fabric if I wanted, so I skipped that step.

No comments:

Post a Comment