9.12.2010

But Perchance to Dream...

I have been dreaming about a sewing room for some time now.  A place where I can fold up my fabric nicely on shelves so I can actually see what I have instead of having to rummage through a Rubbermaid container every time I want to find a certain fabric.  It would also be nice to have a space where I can leave a  project that is half done out, close the doors and know that nothing is going to happen to it until I come back.  A place where everyone is welcome, but where I can be alone if I wanted.  An inspiring place...something like these:

This room is just so bright and cute.  I think my favorite parts
of this room are the color on the walls and the red lanterns.
This one is just so simple, sophisticated and organized.  It
kind of reminds me of Joscelyn but not just because of the purple.
I think this one is my favorite.  I love the green sheers and the
simplicity of the entire room.  It's not too big, not too small and has
touches of bright colors here and there.  It also has a nice,
relaxed and inspiring feel to it.
If all I had was a closet, I would make something
like this.  I love the tree paper in the background and
all the shelf space.  I worry there isn't enough room
behind the sewing machine though to
actually sew something.

2 comments:

  1. What? No cats in any of the rooms! you know you need a cat to hold down your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad, I don't know if you check back here after you comment..I couldn't find a picture with a cat in it! I know a cat is essential for holding down projects, but it would be nice to have a room where the door can close and I can choose whether or not to have a cat in there. :P

    ReplyDelete