9.24.2010

A realization while filing

I hate to share this with the interwebs, and while I'm AT work...

(Excuse me while I answer the phone.)

(It wasn't even for me!  Don't you know I'm busy here?!  :P )

Okay, I'm back - what I want to share is that I realized that have no idea what I'm doing while I'm working.  I am pretty much running on autopilot while doing this job.  I guess it's a good thing because I can really leave work at work.  Honestly, I don't wake up in the middle of the night thinking about work like some of my other coworkers - and I don't understand why they do.  So, I am pretty much faking this job.  I do what I'm told and do it well - but it doesn't take up that many resources in my brain.  Maybe that's it.  I really don't have to think about doing this job anymore.  I'll admit while I was just starting out, it was confusing.  And, when I finally got into a grove, more duties were dumped on me.  Then there were those few weeks when my coworker acted like she hated me because I am now doing her job but she still had to teach me...yeah that was fun.

Anyway, all-in-all, this is a pretty sweet job.  I have an office, windows, access to the Internet, air-conditioning, a boss that lets me work how I want to work as long as I get the job done, benefits, and friendly (usually) coworkers.

Even though this job is pretty good, I still dream of teaching or working with children.  I have ideas for lessons in the middle of the night instead of thoughts about work.  I love back to school time and can't walk past the school supply isle without sighing.  I have boxes of classroom supplies in our storage-type room just waiting to be used.  I kept all my books that had great ideas from my credential classes...

Anyway, I could go on and on...but it's time to go home...Thanks for listening/reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment